- The Game
- The Players
- Play Ball!
Marketing Golf: Fits Websites to a Tee
It's a scene from a movie: the big deal is done on the golf course. Nine holes and a handshake.
Think of marketing as your front nine. You evaluate each hole in advance; you play one stroke at a time; you select your next club based on where the ball landed last time. You constantly adjust. (And, of course, you keep your game face on.)
Nine Holes to Marketing Success
Although we're in the web design game, we know our position on the green. Successful websites are built on a solid marketing foundation. Shall we walk the course?
Hole 1: Form Your Business Plan
- Identify your strengths --- differentiate yourself.
- What do you want to accomplish? What do you do that's most in demand?
- Know the numbers (profit margins, costs) and have a marketing budget.
Hole 2: Do Market Research
- Demographics --- whom are you marketing to, and what do they need?
- Psychographics --- what can you assume about your clients interests and tastes?
Hole 3: Create a Brand Identity
- What's your "elevator speech" --- your promise to new clients?
- Coordinate your identity system: logo, letterhead, business cards, etc.
Hole 4: Form a Marketing Plan
- How are you going to get your message across? Through what channels (radio, print, web), and in what order?
- How will you square what you spend on marketing with what you make on sales? (Would you spend $5,000 to make $150,000?)
Hole 5: Build your Web Site (At last!)
- Plan your design, structure, functions and content
- Design, build, test and launch
- Track and update
Hole 6: Advertise and Monitor Results
- Put your plan in place: Reach your markets
- Know the cost/value per reached person
- Track the return-on-investment
Hole 7: Sell Your Products or Services
- Align marketing (what to do) with sales (how to do it)
- Both online and offline, get attention, give attention, and close deals.
Hole 8: Track Leads vs. Sales
- Which media worked the best?
- Which offer?
- Which "call to action"?
Hole 9: Adjust Marketing Tactics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and marketing
- Tweaking website design and content
"A goal without a plan is just a wish."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
When you're ready for a website, let Game Face Web Design help you --- wherever you are in your golf game. If you don't have a logo or a marketing message, we'll send you to good people or work with your team.
Give us an hour --- it's a "gimme"!